132 - Artemis Ahead (feat. Eric Berger)
Play Episode (35:26)
The Artemis I Orion capsule splashed down in the Pacific this week, a triumphant finale to a mission that faced so many challenges getting to launch. With Artemis I behind us, what's ahead for the Artemis program and the road to a lunar landing? Ars Technica journalist Eric Berger joins Jake to talk about the future of the program and the challenges it will face.
We Orion, SLS, Starship and Artemis
- Here’s why NASA’s Artemis I mission is so rare, and so remarkable - Ars Technica
- After the Artemis I mission’s brilliant success, why is an encore 2 years away?
- The oracle who predicted SLS’s launch in 2023 has thoughts about Artemis III - Ars Technica
- NASA official “very confident” Artemis spacesuits will be ready on time
Follow Jake & WeMartians
- Patreon (https://www.wemartians.com/support)
- WeMartians Shop (shop.wemartians.com)
- Mailing List (https://wemartians.com/signup)
- Twitter (@we_martians)
- Jake’s Twitter (@JakeOnOrbit)
- Off-Nominal YouTube
NASA's Space Launch system finally got the job done, that trusty old steed. Do you like horses as much as I do? If so, try on the new t-shirt design at the WeMartians shop today! Sometimes, a horse works just fine (space programs may or may not be included).