NASA’s InSight lander arrives on Mars on November 26th. It is an exciting event that ends the 7 month cruise phase since its launch on May 5th. But how did it get there? NASA JPL’s Mark Wallace, the Lead Trajectory Analyst for InSight’s, joins Jake and explains how to plan a journey across the solar system.
We Talk InSight’s Trajectory
Previous Coverage of InSight
- Episode 36: Systems Engineering InSight (feat. Farah Alibay)
- Episode 41: Thirty Years to the Centre of Mars (feat. Bruce Banerdt, Philippe Lognonné, and Tim Linn)
Follow Mark Wallace
Follow Jake & WeMartians
- Website (www.wemartians.com)
- Patreon (www.patreon.com/wemartians)
- WeMartians Shop (shop.wemartians.com)
- Twitter (@we_martians)
- Jake’s Twitter (@JakeOnOrbit)
- The Off-Nominal Podcast
We’ve got a whole bunch of new merchandise in our shop! Check out the new designs, including Off-Nominal gear!
WeMartians is sponsored by MOVA Globes. Visit the site and use the code WEMARTIANS for 10% off your order of one of these really great looking pieces shipping to the Americas. They rotate without cords or batteries! Patrons, check your Patreon account for a special Patron-only discount code. Thanks to MOVA Globes for helping us explore Mars together.
WeMartians music is “RetroFuture”, “Electrodoodle”, and “On My Way” by Kevin MacLeod (incompetech.com) Licensed under Creative Commons: By Attribution 3.0 License http://creativecommons.org/licenses/by/3.0/