Elon Musk has now bore his heart (of gold) to the world. His plans for making humans multiplanetary have been shared with us, including his incredible 42-engine reusable booster, his 100-person interplanetary spaceship, and his vision for colonizing Mars. Together they form the SpaceX Interplanetary Transport System, and they are nothing if not bold. I’m joined by Anthony Colangelo from the Main Engine Cut Off Podcast to talk more about this vision, including some of the realities of making it possible, the challenges they’ll face, and how to bring partners like NASA on board for the ride.
- Main Engine Cut Off Website
- Main Engine Cut Off Twitter
- YouTube – Making Humans a Multiplanetary Species
- YouTube – SpaceX Interplanetary Transport System
- Article – Mashable – “Don’t dismiss Elon Musk’s plan to colonize Mars”
- Article – Space.com – “Feasible or Fantasy? SpaceX’s Mars Plan Draws Expert Reactions”
WeMartians Theme Song is “RetroFuture” by Kevin MacLeod (incompetech.com) Licensed under Creative Commons: By Attribution 3.0 License http://creativecommons.org/licenses/by/3.0/