Well, we’re heading into the final month of WeMartians’ second year and our first with a Patreon campaign. I must say, I am still so thankful for everyone who has contributed to this show over the year.
Thanks to all the Patrons who’ve pledged support already. We’re 60.3% of the way to our goal of $300/month to fund one anual trip to cover live events. Click here to join the growing number of Martians who help support the exploration of Mars. I missed the summary for October, so here’s a look at everything Patrons have enjoyed over the last two months!
- Bonus Content: Episode 31 (Chantelle Dubois) – Chantelle shared some of her experiences selecting Canadian astronauts and her work on the Space Generation Advisory Council.
- Goal Reached! $150/month! – With all your help, we reached our second goal of $150/month, which means we got to upgrade our gear! I’ve purchased a new microhpone, mixer and monitoring headphones, and have been trying it out on the last couple shows. There are a few more tweaks I need to make to the setup. Then I’ll be making a short video for Patrons to show them the fruits of their labour.
- First look at Off-Nominal – Patrons enjoyed early access to the first episode of Off-Nominal, my new podcast with Main Engine Cut Off host Anthony Colangelo. If you like a more casual, beer-powered monthly space podcast, you should check it out!
- Bonus Content: Episode 32 (Lori Fenton) – Lori gave us a quick tour of Dunes throughout the solar system, from Mars to Venus, Titan and beyond.
- 4thd Quarterly Chat – Martians got together to discuss some of the recent episodes and plans for the new year!
- Bonus Content: Episode 33 (Danielle Richey and Steve Jolly) – As companion audio to the main episode, I recorded about 17 minutes of bonus audio going in deep on the technical white paper for Lockheed Martin’s Mars Base Camp.
There’s one more thing I’d like to give you a heads up on! With the year ending soon, and having reached two of our three Patreon goals, it’s time for a review! I’ll be sitting down and plotting out new goals for 2018 and new reward levels. Plus, the rewards for each Patron-level will be reviewed, and I have some fun new ideas I want to try! Stay tuned for more details.